Saturday 25 June 2011

Introduction

Hi and welcome to my blog! My name is Chris AKA BlackAdderIV and I'm a Starcraft 2 player. I have played many RTS games over the years but none have captured my imagination and inspired me as much as the SC2 universe. Despite my many years of playing games I am really nothing special at playing them. As an average player I enjoy playing mainly team games with my clan mates for fun, ever avoiding the pulse racing, panic inducing prospect of fighting a 1v1. Whenever I did venture out into 1v1 land I would do so with trepidation and fear, the frustration of losing to obvious all ins and making simple mistakes that you wouldn't ever do in a team game was something I was happy to avoid. I just felt lost and uncomfortable in 1v1s, never knowing what to do or how to stay calm under pressure.

But when I did happen to fluke my way into that first win, the sense of triumph and achievement was awesome.

Like most I never thought I could be any good, not really good but today I will try to change all that. Today I begin my journey to master my fears and anxieties and become a master of 1v1. From today onwards I will play more and more 1v1s, I will study the strategies and tactics used, I will learn how to recognize what the other guy is doing and anticipate his moves so that when the pivotal engagement comes I will come out on top.

Why am i doing this? Well why not? Who is to say that an average gamer like me couldn't hit master league in 1v1? I love playing this game and I want to be the best at playing it I possibly can be. After watching MLG and Dreamhack and loving every minute of it, I want to be able to understand all the subtleties going on and replicate them in my own play and the only way to do that is play a lot of games.

It won't be easy but nothing worth doing ever is right? This will take a long time and isn't going to happen overnight. I'm only gold league right now but I have my sights set high and who knows how far I can climb? I hope you will join me in this great endeavor and in the words of the legendary marine:

Lets Rock!