Monday 4 July 2011

Lets Rock! - Week 2

So its Monday, everyone's favorite day and the start of another week! As such its time to write down my game plan for the up coming week and review last weeks progress (or lack of).

Last week I began my long journey to be a master Starcraft 2 player. I never expected it to be easy and indeed working up the nerve to play 1v1 has required some determination, but still I didn't play anywhere near the number of games I wanted. I did however play my first 1v1s in many weeks and from a shaky start identified some key points that needed addressing in my game. Mainly: pick a race and stick to it, and to have a plan. My race is Zerg. My plan, well that's not so easy.

As the saying goes; 'a bad plan is better than no plan at all.'

Indeed this is as true in the universe of Starcraft 2 as any other battlefield. My first games played last week saw me stumble with my next move, with how I would go and win. I knew how to open more or less but when things went wrong I panicked and just kept attacking in the same old way losing many young, brave, valiant, winged insectoid bug things along the way. Alas the Queen that spawned my horde did weep mightily on that first day of 1v1s.

But those deaths were not in vain for I learned my lesson and went into my next few games with a plan. Get: Brood lords. Short, simple but it won me a very close ZvP where both of us scrapped together an army from the remnants of our shattered economies for one last throw of the die that saw me victorious! All because of those wonderful Brood lords.

So what is the aim for this week? Well I have a plan but it needs fleshing out. Get Brood lords is not the most detailed of plans. I think even Baldrick has come up with more detailed plans. So this week as I play I will experiment with a few builds and try and work out the best way to get Brood lords out and the best timing for when this should happen. I will also need to look at how I will survive to this point, as not getting killed is an important aspect of Starcraft 2. As I am fast learning - its a lot easier said then done.

However this week sees the end of season 2 and a ladder lock. This means that for 2 weeks until season 3 starts I won't be able to advance between the leagues but on the other hand I can't plummet to the bottom either. For a period of time then there is no risk to playing, which means there is no excuse to not play 1v1. So expect to see a lot of games appearing on my stream in the next 2 weeks!

To aid me in this I have just received a new gaming mouse, the appropriately named DeathAdder. So armed with my new weapon of choice its time set forth once more and crush my enemies under the weight of the swarm.

Lets Rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment